What is the role of Convenience & Foodservice?
At General Mills our Convenience & Foodservice mission is to serve solutions everywhere. We sell a wide array of branded and non-branded products (snacks, cereal, yogurt, flour and more!) within school cafeterias, hotels, restaurants, bakeries, convenience stores, and vending channels. Convenience & Foodservice division is an important part of General Mills with an exceptional track record of both business and leadership growth.
A summer internship with the Convenience & Foodservice Sales Division of General Mills will provide you with actual real-world career immersion. We will position you to succeed with training, involvement in the business; balanced social/community focused activities and provide you with individual feedback sessions for your immediate and continued personal growth and development.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Your career will be built through a variety of different roles and assignments, each designed to build the depth and breadth needed to transform into a future Sales leader for General Mills.
Introduction And Training Experiences
- 1-week, enhanced intern orientation and sales training
- Foundational selling skills and product knowledge through structured curriculum and exposure to field experiences
- Best in class individualized development for professional success
Types of potential projects and exposure
- Active engagement/ownership on a variety of sales division projects, each designed to build depth and breadth of understanding
of our business and customers
- Utilize business dynamics and analytical tools to provide solution-based insights to sell and influence decision-makers
- Recommend core business strategies and receive hands-on experience internally and with customers
- Work on business development, product introductions, category management, pricing and analytics
- Build internal and external relationships through cross-functional projects, trade shows, mentorships, and diversity organizations
- Meet with your customers, attend events and volunteer
- Presentation to senior leadership at the end of your internship
Professional performance feedback
- Two performance appraisals will provide you with expectations, objectives and progress
IS THIS YOU?
- Passion to sell/represent General Mills and our top consumer food brands
- All majors. Business, Communications and Liberal Arts preferred
- 3.0+ cumulative GPA preferred. Dec. 2021, May 2022 graduation
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork experience
- Strategic thinkers and problems solvers with strong communication skills
- US work authorization/Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record/Position may require you to drive up to 15+ hrs/wk
- Longer-term mobility/flexibility (to relocate) to our World Headquarters in Minneapolis, MN; or designated field/business center locations
Potential starting locations…
- Convenience & Foodservice (C&F): Minneapolis, MN or other designated field locations/market areas
- Relocation for subsequent roles is critical for progression within our Sales Division
- Internship lasts 10 weeks > June 7th – Aug 13th, 2021
- Monthly salary $3,600
- Relocation assistance & Furnished apartment with rental assistance/Full-time role may be offered at the end of the internship
- Full-time role may be offered at the end of the internship