As an Applications Engineering Intern, you’ll play a key role in developing, deploying and supporting Google’s internal business applications. You will be tasked with solving various problems over time. When the situation calls for it, you’ll be part of a team that implements vendor sourced enterprise software, configuring that software, customizing it, and integrating with other internal systems. Other times, you’ll be primarily tasked with creating custom-built software.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to address some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Build internal solutions, with custom front-ends (web, mobile) and back-end services that automate business processes. Maintain highest levels of development practices including: technical design; solution development; systems configuration; test documentation/execution; issue identification and resolution; writing clean, modular and self-sustaining code.
- Help partners in their day-to-day challenges by delivering innovative and scalable solutions, and troubleshooting their problems. Understand operational workflows, identify and define tool needs to enable operational scaling, and drive the development (initial and ongoing) and deployment of these tools with Engineering.
- Work closely with analysts to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Integrate third-party products into internal systems as well as support and upgrade implemented systems.
- Partner with internal teams to define and implement solutions that improve internal business processes.
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree program in Information Science/Information Systems or a related technical field.
- Programming experience in Java.
- Experience with information management, data modeling, system integration, development methodologies (including unit testing), web technologies, and the software development life cycle.
- Experience implementing, customizing and integrating third-party applications within Finance, Supply Chain, HR, Marketing, etc. Experience in developing internal business applications and business integration.
- Available to work full time for 12-14 weeks during the summer.
- Returning to a degree program after the completion of the internship.
This role will be open for applications October 12, 2020 – October 30, 2020. We will begin reviewing applications on November 2, 2020.
Participation in the internship program requires that you are located in the United States for the duration of the internship program.
To start the application process, you will need an updated CV or resume and a current unofficial or official transcript in English. Click on the “Apply” button on this page and provide the required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
- 1. In the “Resume Section:” attach an updated CV or resume.
- 2. In the “Education Section:” attach a current or recent unofficial or official transcript in English.
- Under “Degree Status,” select “Now attending” to upload a transcript.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Seattle, WA, USA