Google announces our eighth year of our Information Technology Intern Program. Current students majoring in information systems, information technology, applied networking, system administration, and other majors with applicable experience are encouraged to apply.
As a member of our Information Technology team you are the go-to person for Googlers’ computer hardware and software needs, providing front line user support for all of Google’s internal tools and technologies. You troubleshoot, respond to inquiries, and find solutions to technical challenges. Beyond the day-to-day, you improve the Googler user experience by contributing to longer term projects and documentation efforts and have access to our skills based trainings.
In little more than a decade, Google created one of the world’s largest global computing infrastructures for both internal and external use. And behind that infrastructure is a diverse group of Googlers who design, build and keep the lights on for our users. Using our unique technologies, along with open source tools, we keep Google’s products and services running, robust and secure. We aspire to be an organization that reflects the diversity of our users globally and give back to the world’s technical community whenever we can.
- Provide support for desktops/laptops and user access to corporate network and applications.
- Provide support for services such as office phones, mobile devices, video conferencing and remote access.
- Provide direct support for Google’s corporate resources and applications.
- Contribute to project based work related to user or infrastructure support.
This role will be open for applications October 12, 2020 – October 30, 2020. We will begin reviewing applications on November 2, 2020.
Participation in the internship program requires that you are located in the United States for the duration of the internship program.
- Currently pursuing an academic degree in one of the following majors: Information Systems, Information Technology, Applied Networking, System Administration, or a related technical field.
- Experience working in an IT department or PC support or in another technically-focused service environment.
- Experience troubleshooting applications in one or more of the following networked environments: ChromeOS, Linux, Mac, Windows.
- Passion for new technology and commitment to learning new skills.
- Effective organizational, communication, leadership, and customer service skills.
To apply: You must submit all of the following materials:
- 1. Updated resume (PDF) – please include the relevant graduation dates (M/YY), coding language(s) if applicable along with any technical experience or projects.
- 2. Transcript (PDF) – unofficial or official; must be in English.
This program is designed to provide exposure to the technology industry for students who are historically under-represented in this field.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Ann Arbor, MI, USA; New York, NY, USA; Austin, TX, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA