We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Under general supervision applies functional specifications and uses engineering tools to design new technology and sustain existing subsea safety equipment.
- Independently processes data, writes engineering reports, and conducts diagnosis of routine hardware malfunctions.
- Contributes in reliability analysis such as risk assessments and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) by compiling and examining data.
- Identifies the testing requirement at a system level with the emphasis on complying with test standards and Halliburton’s Health, Safety, and Environment procedures.
- Contributes to Halliburton’s Intellectual Property portfolio by preparing Invention Disclosures and recognizing ideas that have Intellectual Property potential without disclosing confidential information.
- Coordinates with project leads to produce project deliverables by assessing input requirements and applying functional specifications.
- Develops relationships through excellent communication skills and acts as a key resource to provide innovative solutions. May participate in professional societies in area of specialization.
- Experience with dynamic analysis, detail prints, specifications and interfaces for equipment with actuating mechanisms.
- Familiar with 3D Solid modeling platforms, MathCAD, Simplified FEA analysis, and fundamentals of Mechanical Design.
- Experience with design of Electro-mechanical systems, hydraulic powered actuation, and electrical troubleshooting is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with API 6A, 14A, and/or API 17G is preferred, but not required.
- Minimal to Moderate International travel may be required to support project demands.
- Minimum educational requirement a master’s degree and zero years’ experience or bachelor’s degree and Five or more years’ related experience.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available ranging from Mechanical Engineer up to Principal Mechanical Engineer.