At Henderson Engineers, we’re about more than just buildings. We’re about the people, experiences and potential found inside. We’re known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We love the process that brings buildings to life. And we’re changing the industry by integrating the building design and construction process.
We view each of our employees as an essential part of our mission to lead the field.
It’s What We Do
We provide total building system design services across multiple high-growth markets for industry leaders. You’ll get to use your talent to work on some of the country’s biggest names in higher education, sports & venue, healthcare, grocery, restaurant and retail.
It’s How We’re Different
But, we’re also about more than just engineering. We’re about you. You, and the hundreds of passionate employees who made us who we are today.
Together, we dream up inventions that solve industry-wide problems, design spaces that become landmarks, win medals in fitness challenges, and toast to the good life at our legendary golf tournaments.
Internship Opportunities with Henderson Engineers and Henderson Building Solutions are very competitive, so apply early!
Not your average internship.
We do things a little differently at Henderson Engineers, and your internship is no exception. To us, you’re an important part of our success and our connection to the newest generation of engineers. Our program will prepare you for a long, successful career and provide a culture that nurtures and encourages great talent to become even greater.
Work Hard. Play Hard. Give Back.
That’s our motto. Your internship experience is designed to have components of each of those pillars. You’ll work hard by training on the most up-to-date software the industry has to offer and contributing to some of the coolest projects we work on. You’ll play hard and host a happy hour or compete at our legendary ping pong tables. And you’ll give back by devoting time to a meaningful community service project.
No, We Don’t Need You To Get Coffee.
We can get our own coffee. You’ll be too busy getting the professional experience of a lifetime. As an intern, you’ll have exposure to all facets of our firm not just the engineering component. You’ll learn about business development, human resources, finances, and how to develop your ever-important soft skills.
Interning Is Just The Beginning.
Many of our employees have come through the internship program. From your very first day, we work with you setting goals to carve out your career path. We expect you to excel, and you can expect us to help you. We offer various technical classes to help you hone and master your skills and a mentor to guide you throughout your experience.
When you complete your online application, be sure to attach your resume and tell us about your career focus as well as the office location(s) you are interested in.
What you’ll gain:
- Real world skills in building systems design in one (or more!) disciplines
- Opportunities to work on real-time projects with large name clients around the country
- Valuable experience with Revit MEP, AutoCAD MEP and various other software tools
- How to work and be part of a multi-discipline engineering design team
- Knowledge about engineering as a business and how to be successful in the industry
- Face time with key members of the Henderson Engineers organization
- Networking opportunities with peers and experienced engineers
What you’ll need:
- For our engineering internships, we prefer students pursuing a degree in Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, or Construction Engineering
- For our construction and commissioning internships, we prefer students pursuing a degree in Construction Management or Construction Science
- A passion for the A/E/C industry and strong desire to learn design and/or construction
- Academic content and/or prior internship experience that is relevant to the design of building systems (HVAC, Power Distribution, Plumbing, Fire Protection, etc.) is preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit MEP and/or AutoCAD MEP is preferred, but not required
Let’s Talk Perks
We take care of our people. As a Henderson employee, you’ll enjoy some pretty awesome perks. Trust us, your friends will all have work envy.
Flexible Work Hours (Because we all need to balance work and life.)
Casual Dress Code (Be yourself, please.)
Paid Volunteer Time (We literally pay you to volunteer.)
Paid Parental Leave (Because we know both parents deserve to be there for a new baby.)
Health and Wellness Initiatives (Get Fit and Stay Fit.)
Receptive and Forward-Thinking Leadership (Our doors are always open.)
Clear Career Path Options (We want you to excel.)
Industry-leading 401K match and profit sharing (When the company succeeds, we all share in that success.)
Paid Training for Professional Development (We’ll pay for the time you take getting better at what you do.)
Performance Bonuses (When you do well, we reward you for your work.)
Comprehensive and Extensive Insurance (We’ve got you covered.)
Paid Term Life and Disability (We’ve got your family covered, too.)
Financial Wellness & Coaching Program (Financial security makes you a happier team member.)