DURATION: Temporary / Seasonal
CONTACTS: Jose Avendano
JOB FUNCTIONS: Engineering – Civil / Mechanical / Other
JOB ROLES: Electrical Engineers
• Analyze assigned projects to develop strategies for completion including the establishment of plans, goals, and objectives.
• Candidate entering their Junior or Senior year
• Execute validation testing for new software.
· Provide support for software development of new systems.
· Generate schematics and/or wiring needed to support manufacturing.
· Conduct standardization reviews that would yield cost reduction opportunities.
· Research new technologies that would bring opportunities for improvement in control panels and hardware.
HILL AND SMITH
Hill & Smith Inc. is an industry leading manufacturer of a wide range of transportation safety products. Through the manufacturing of our premier MASH-compliant impact attenuator, the Smart Cushion®, our extensively tested & MASH-compliant portable steel barrier, Zoneguard®, and our Work Area Protection product lines of Smart Work Zone Systems, message and arrow boards and traffic controls, Hill & Smith Inc. is dedicated to advancing Work Zone Safety, ITS, & Roadside Safety nationwide. I lead the product engineering team for trailers. We are responsible for the mechanical and electrical designs on all of them. The trailers use solar power for the message boards and it is always important to stay on top of technological changes. Power consumption and ways to improve the efficiency of the solar power system is always in the forefront of our work.