Hilltop Holdings Inc. is currently looking for a qualified student to join our Human Resources team as an HR Intern. This individual will work closely with our Human Resources Business Partner to gain hands-on experience in the human resources profession while assisting with several key initiatives across the company.
Professional Development Objectives: This individual will gain exposure to the basic human resources functions and will develop entry level HR experience in the financial services industry. This includes development in corporate and employee communication and effective HR practices like onboarding, recruiting/sourcing, strategic organizational initiatives and employee benefits.
- Under the direction of the HR Business Partner, assist with the integration of our human resources program
- Learn about the various HR functions
- Provide clerical and administrative support to our HR team
- Help develop new employee initiatives and manage existing ones
- Assist the human resources staff with company functions, especially those which drive employee engagement
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Proven self-starter who can initiate tasks and follow up to completion
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional analytical skills; above average attention to detail
- Desire to learn about career opportunities in the human resources and/or financial services industry
- Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Junior or Senior standing in related academic program, Human Resource Management Major preferred
- Candidate MUST have authorization to work for any employer in the US without requiring sponsorship, whether in student status or not