At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This is a supplemental co-op Undergraduate position for an Application Programmer with the IBM Global Industry Solutions team in Coppell, Texas. The Global Industry Solutions team is comprised of Industry Solution Architects, Specialists and Designers who bring IBM together to accelerate solutions to help clients innovate and address their most challenging business problems. This person will work with team members and clients to create high quality proofs-of-concept and generate technical sales assets for the progression or close of solution sales opportunities.
- Actualize complex systems of engagement with in-depth product, technology, or industry-related specialized skills
- Leverage IBM Cloud Platform as a Service developer platform services for composition and aggregation
- Leverage IBM’s extensive data analytics capabilities, including data science and data management aspects
- Demonstrated application design skills
- Demonstrated application programming skills
- Knowledge of IBM Cloud platform and Red Hat technologies or other cloud environment
- Knowledge of data analytics discipline, including data science, machine learning and data management aspects (e.g., Python (NumPy/pandas), R, SPSS, Hadoop, Apache Spark)
- Knowledge of DevOps and Code repository usage (CI/CD tools – Git, Docker, Travis, etc)
- Knowledge of current industry trends
- Familiar with Agile techniques
- Strong communication skills, works well in teams, and quickly adapts to new technologies
- This co-op role will work in the Coppell, TX IBM office. You should reside in the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area.
- You must be actively pursuing a technology degree, preferably in Computer Science or related area.
- During the school year, you must be willing to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, and up to full-time during school breaks.
- Fluent in English
- IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions, now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future employment-based visa sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Pursuing a technology degree, preferably in Computer Science or related area.
- At least 2 months’ experience in designing / creating IT solutions
- At least 1 year’s experience in written, verbal and visual communications skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 months’ experience with IBM Cloud platform and Red Hat technologies or other cloud environment
- Degree Major in Computer Science