About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2020), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video .
About Tarrant County
Tarrant County has long proved a magnet for families and young professionals looking to plant roots and create a home. Dallas-Fort Worth is ranked as #18 on the Best Places to Live list from U.S. News & World Report.
This fast-growing region has experienced a larger jump in its student population than any other North Texas County. Tarrant County is now home to nearly 400,000 school aged children, and growth is expected to continue for years to come. IDEA Achieve and IDEA Rise first opened their doors in August of 2019 to support the educational landscape in closing the gap for college matriculation.
Only 10% of Tarrant County students attend and complete college while IDEA alumni have a record of 41% matriculation. Changing this statistic is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students.
What does the Human Assets Team do?
The Human Assets Team is responsible for recruiting, selecting, as well as retaining high quality teachers and leaders to IDEA. For the upcoming 20-21 school year, our Tarrant County team will recruit applicants and hire new teachers and leaders for our growing and launching campuses. During the school year, we will be working to cultivate brand awareness and build community relationships.
What will our amazing new HA Intern do?
Our HA Intern will become an integral part of our Tarrant County HA Team through the following:
- Daily outreach/sourcing to prospective candidates about IDEA (ex: Indeed, LinkedIn, Handshake)
- Recruitment support at events (ex: Coffee Shop Meet and Greets, College Info Sessions, Hiring Fairs)
- Daily follow up with event attendees within 24 hours of attending an event
- Job posting maintenance on career and college websites
- Data updates on applicant systems regarding prospective candidates
- Converting prospective candidates into applicants and rating the new applicants using a rubric
- Managing event logistics, i.e. Super Interview Days, Selection Fairs, etc.
- Conducting initial applicant screening
Things we would like to see:
- Comfort presenting to groups
- Organized and detail oriented; bias towards taking action
- Experience with recruiting, HR or sales a plus
- Highly proficient with the use of computer, web and mobile technology
- Excellent phone communication skills: clear/personable/enthusiastic
A Few Good Reasons to Join the Team:
- Ability to create flexible schedule
- Opportunity to contribute to meaningful work (finding amazing teachers for our kids!)
- Gain exposure to education and HR field
- Current GPA of 3.0 or higher (preferred)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Passion for working for underserved communities
- Able to commit to working 20 hours/week
- At least 48 hours complete of college coursework
- Location: IDEA Public Schools Tarrant County Regional Office
- Hours: Up to 30/week
- Pay Rate: $10/hour