Operations Finance Intern
Our mission is to be a trusted workplace for team members to be their whole selves at work. A company that people love and positively impacts the lives of all whom we touch.
At Interstate Batteries, you have the chance to be excellent at work and excellent at life. We know that professional success depends on personal wellbeing. That’s why we want to enrich your life with the tools and services you need to succeed in every area of your life. Join us!
Purpose of Job:
The Operations Finance Intern provides support for the distributor business segment. This role provides financial analysis and insights that directly drive more profitable decisions within the business. This role is a member of the Operations Finance Team, reporting to the Manager of Operations Finance.
- Perform P&L variance analysis on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Understand Balance Sheet trends and the related P&L impact.
- Assist in preparation of financial results and decks for Monthly Business Reviews and Quarterly Business Reviews with executive leadership.
- Create financial models for a number of strategic initiatives including sales and inventory management.
- Develop and test KPI’s across the distributor portfolio to measure performance.
- Provide ad hoc analysis, custom reports, and tailored visuals for the finance leadership team.
- Work cross-functionally with other business segments to prepare financial models, understand financial results, and drive growth on strategic initiatives.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills; detail oriented, strong ability to be proactive and meet deadlines.
- Current college student pursing studies in one of the following fields: Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, or Supply Chain Management
- Full-time summer hours.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Available from June 7th – August 13th
- Must have lodging in the DFW area.