Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
The electrical team provides assurance, testing, inspection and certification for a variety of electric products, including appliances, consumer electronics, lighting, medical devices, information communications technology, HVACR, industrial, and energy transmission and distribution. Our dedicated professionals help ensure the quality and safety of electrical products used by people throughout the world.
- Under the guidance of a more senior engineer, conduct on and off site evaluation of products to determine compliance with applicable standard(s). To do this, associate engineer must:
- Read and determine applicability of national codes and standards clauses for the EUT (equipment under test);
- Read and understand schematics and manufacturing instructions;
- Validate the project scope and sample applicability;
- Under scope of the project, identify and locate test instruments and equipment required for testing;
- Follow established test plan;
- Set up and operate EUT; perform and document simple repairs on EUT as needed;
- Conduct thorough construction review; document results;
- Perform testing of products in accordance with standards. Core tests include, but are not limited to: rating, leakage current, dielectric, temperature, pressure, stability, mechanical hazard, flammability, abnormal and fault insurance, rain, radiation, sound, laser, voltage and current sources.
- Identify, set up, and operate standard test equipment such as, but not limited to, spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, multi-meter, dielectric strength tester, ground continuity tester, digital multi-meter, surge generator, over-voltage tester, environmental condition chamber, articulated probes.
- Use hand tools to build/calibrate test fixtures.
- Work under the direction of senior engineering staff to diagnose failures during tests and explore other options for testing.
- Following sample handling procedures, ensure that sample is logged into and out of the system. Move equipment as needed through the facility. Properly package sample for shipment.
- Under direction of a more senior engineer, manage less complex projects utilizing the resources available.
- Compile test results during construction review and testing. Compile data and product description and type final report using established report shell. Submit report to reviewer for final approval.
- Communicate project status and test results to client, sales personnel, and management throughout testing. Provide on-going support to clients as needed.
- Within policy guidelines, identify, properly document, and recommend engineering judgments
- Performing other work as required
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of related experience OR Associates degree in engineering; electrical or mechanical preferred
- Lab experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Prior project management experience is a plus
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations and make technical decisions under supervision
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.