At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities, and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company’s mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
As a Merchandise Allocation Trainee for JCPenney, you’ll be a part of the Planning & Allocation team at our Home Office in Plano, TX (just 20 miles north of downtown Dallas). You’ll take part in a fast-paced, twelve week training period upon starting which will consist of projects, activities, and hands-on training to facilitate your learning. You’ll have the opportunity to engage with senior leaders and other team members who will be mentoring and coaching you to success. After your training period, you’ll be assigned to a specific planning & allocation team.
- Allocating merchandise at the sku level based on buyer intent and allocation objectives while ensuring stores are at optimal inventory levels and presentation standards are met to drive sales, in-stocks, and service customers.
- Developing product knowledge to be store level expert in regards to product needs and opportunities.
- Responsible for presenting the needs to the merchandise action team (MAT) in determining the best strategy to maximize opportunity.
- Collaborating with planning and merchandising teams to review/challenge assortment flow plan and ensure sufficient quantities are purchased to support the assortment plan.
- Performing pre-season, in-season, and post-season analysis to uncover opportunities and risks.
- Developing recommendations for in-season changes and pre-season assortment plans to ensure maximization of objectives.
- Monitoring JCP warehouse inventory and flow and recommending appropriate actions to the MAT in order to maximize business objectives.
- Partnering with merchant organization on size strategy execution providing analysis, depth needs, range recommendations, and pack configuration.
- Developing/implementing strategies to create vendor pre-packs based on pack configuration analysis; identify opportunities to add new sizes and/or liabilities to omit sizes from assortment.
- Preparing weekly/monthly review of item sales and inventory results; coordinate subsequent re-forecasting estimates with the Senior Planning Manager to review with the MAT.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Completion of a 4-year degree with a major in fashion merchandising or business.
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Desire to move to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.
- Outstanding leadership, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to utilize retail math skills to analyze and drive retail profitability and inventory productivity.
- Readily grasps numerical concepts and interprets financial information accurately.
- Ability to collaborate and be a strong team member.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.