Jordan & Skala’s team of talent is what distinguishes our company from the rest.
If a fast paced, field service environment is one you thrive in and you are ready to be part of one of the top ranked consulting engineering firms in the United States, then we want to start a conversation with you!
What will make you rise to the top?
- Analyzes design documents, constructions documents, specifications, and submittals to identify items for compliance.
- Perform Energy Code Research, and Energy Code education
- Develop Energy Models for a variety of building types and locations using appropriate energy modeling protocol.
- Review Energy Models for a variety of building types and locations based on various energy modeling protocols performed by others.
- Coordinate with internal/external teams to communicate the mandatory requirements for the energy code.
- Perform Energy Analysis for different system comparisons as needed.
- Perform Energy Code Plan Reviews for city and local jurisdictions.
- Research energy incentive programs as they relate to certain regions and utility providers for project specific applications.
- Performs energy consumptions and life-cycle analysis of proposed and existing buildings.
- Provides documentation of project compliance for energy and green building codes and above code programs.
- Communicate to internal/external Team methods to bring non-conformance items into conformance.
- Provide updates at project milestones, including routine reports, to both external clients and internal staff.
- Perform code and above-code research for projects as it relates to field services.
- Provide guidance and education to internal and external teams on requirements needed for compliance.
• Must be able to become certified in a variety of code and above-code certifications, including (but not limited to) Home Energy Rating Systems (HERS) Rater, IECC Plan Reviewer and Building Energy Modeling Professional.
• Preferred knowledge in energy codes for different jurisdictions, energy programs including ENERGY STAR.
• Knowledge of construction of buildings, building systems and above-code building programs preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products
• Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit preferred
• Foxit and Bluebeam knowledge
• Preferred knowledge in Trane Trace, Ekotrope, and WrightSoft
• Preferred knowledge of Archisnapper
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Flexible and adaptive
• Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team player
• Ability to prioritize and work effectively under time constraints
• High attention to detail
JSE has a robust portfolio of project types including hospitality, commercial office building, retail/ restaurant, industrial, healthcare, and multi-family construction projects.
Why join us?
Jordan & Skala Engineers is a great place to work! We offer a family friendly environment with competitive benefits, teleworking options, flexible PTO, wellness incentives, professional development, and more. At Jordan & Skala, you will be consistently challenged by interesting projects. Your opportunities will be limited only by your ambition!
EMPLOYEE GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
- JSE University
- In House Seminars & Technical Training
- Lunch & Learns
- Encouraging Professional Licensure
- Financial Assistance toward Educational Development
HELPING YOU MAINTAIN BALANCE
- Teleworking options
- PTO (Flexible Time Off Policy)
- Paid Holiday (7)
- Paid Time for Employee’s Birthday policy
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Fitness Incentive Program
- Wellness Programs
- Booster Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Plan – Competitive Employer Match
- Discretionary Mid and End of Year Bonuses
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Heath Savings Accounts and Employer Contributions
- Financial Seminars
- Bonus for new PE Licensure
- Competitive Compensation
- Exempt Employees eligible for Excess Hours Compensation policy
- Eligible to participate in cell phone policy
- Company paid $50,000 Life and AD&D Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Company paid Employee Vision & Dental Insurance
- Company paid Short-Term Disability
- Company paid Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Plans (Critical Illness/Cancer, Accident)