Chase is the U.S. Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) business within JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide.
Serving nearly half of America’s households with a broad range of financial services, including: personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing, the firm places a strong emphasis on digital banking, financial fitness, innovation, leadership, analytics and strategy. Here is a snapshot of where we rank today:
• #1 Credit card issuer in the U.S.
• #1 Most visited online banking portal
• #1 Mobile banking app
• #1 Amongst Millennials for checking, savings and credit cards
The newly formed CCB Data & Analytics team is the engine that powers Chase with insights that are used to create competitive advantages for our business, with an emphasis on creating value for our customers.
Unifying data and analytics talent across Chase, the team encompasses a variety of Data & Analytics disciplines, from data governance and data strategy/partnerships, to reporting, data science and machine learning. You will partner closely with our technology partners, leveraging the cutting edge data and analytics infrastructure they have constructed to ensure front-line impact through transformational projects across sales and marketing.
Within the broader CCB Data & Analytics team, the CCB Focused Analytics Solutions Team (FAST) is responsible for working across CCB to develop and execute actionable data science and analytical solutions.
The team leverages Big Data in a consulting-style environment that places a premium on creative problem solving and client interaction, working on a wide range of strategic, highly visible projects with internal clients, including: Consumer Banking, Home Lending, Card Services, Business Banking, and Auto Finance.
What to expect
Beginning in September 2022, FAST Associates will gain exposure to a variety of analytics techniques, business lines and datasets while supporting the management and implementation of end to end solutions for analytics output, data products and data infrastructure that will move the firm’s bottom line. While not a formal ‘rotational’ program with set timelines for new rotations, FAST Associates will spend 1-2 years in the group in a consulting-like atmosphere that will provide exposure to many different topics and Lines of Business across Chase’s consumer businesses. Projects can range from 4 weeks to a few months, offering significant opportunities for a variety of experiences. It is expected that an Associate will eventually leave FAST for a Line of Business or other role, but the timing is on your schedule: If you find a place you love within the first year, you can move as soon as you find a position you love. If you enjoy the variety of FAST, you can stay
longer than 2 years and help train our future classes while continuing to lead a variety of projects across Chase’s businesses.
In addition to comprehensive on-the-job training, the program kicks-off with a training “bootcamp” and offers mentorship opportunities to ensure you are equipped with the tools to succeed.
As an Analytics Solutions Associate you will make a meaningful impact by:
• Ensuring the alignment of analytical solutions to business outcomes and leveraging resources from supporting groups as necessary.
• Developing a mix of consulting (problem solving, client interaction) and project management (leading the development and rollout of data/analytics driven products) skills
• Helping the team and its internal clients define new solutions or strategies that leverage analytics and Big Data to drive superior customer experience and business performance
• Engaging with internal clients to assess the feasibility and usefulness of a given product / solution
• Participating in the planning and execution of these solutions and strategies, as part of project team, working with a wide range of internal resources
• Effectively communicating proposed solutions, roadmaps and status updates to all stakeholders
Chase’s FAST group is an opportunity to take your career to the next level through hands-on data analytics, management and professional networking experience, and career control that is generally not available in other ‘rotational’ programs.
FAST participants will be placed in the following locations, based on candidate interest and business need:
• Chicago, Illinois
• Columbus, Ohio
• Plano, Texas
• Wilmington, Delaware
We’re looking for highly-motivated team players with the initiative and insight to develop innovative analytic solutions
• Enrolled in an Master’s program at a U.S. institution, MBA students encouraged to apply
• Expected graduation date of December 2021 – Summer 2022
• Authorization to work permanently in the U.S.
• Undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Economics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Data Science, Machine Learning, Computer Science, etc. preferred
• Exceptional analytical, problem solving, communication and presentation skills
• Experience communicating effectively with business and IT partners
• Consulting orientation with ability to influence both internal & external business partners. 2+ years at a management consulting firm preferred
• Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
• Self-starter with out-of-the box problem solving skills
• Strong time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and keep numerous projects on track
• Basic awareness of Big Data technologies & their applications
• Basic knowledge of SQL is a plus
At JPMorgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you’re passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we’re looking for you.
We will review applications as they are received and extend offers on a rolling basis. We strongly encourage that you apply early since programs will close as positions are filled.