The Code for Good hackathon gives you the chance to put your coding skills towards doing good for nonprofit organizations. It’s also a great opportunity to see whether a career in financial services technology is for you.
Over the course of 24 hours (Friday – Saturday), you and your team will develop a technology solution for a leading nonprofit organization. You’ll get to work side by side with our expert JPMorgan Chase technologists, learning from their experience as you creatively solve real world problems faced by social organizations. You are encouraged to come up with cutting-edge ideas that could make a difference to the people who need it most.
In addition to networking with other aspiring software engineers from around the country, Code for Good is also a chance to meet our recruiting teams and experience what it’s like to work as a software engineer at JPMorgan Chase.
Top participants in our Code for Good hackathon may be offered a position in our 2022 Software Engineer Internship Program.
Code for Good Hackathon Dates
• September 17-18, 2021: HBCU & HSI Edition
+ Application Deadline: August 18, 2021
• September 24-25, 2021: Chicago, IL & New York Metro, NY
+ Application Deadline: September 1, 2021
• October 8-9, 2021: Wilmington, DE & Tampa, FL
+ Application Deadline: September 23, 2021
• October 15-16, 2021: Houston TX, Plano, TX & Columbus, OH
+ Application Deadline: September 29, 2021
On your application form, please select the JPMorgan Chase locations that you are most interested in learning about. Successful applicants will be invited to attend one of the hackathons with technologists and recruiters best matched to your work location preference.
Further details around location, timing, and final schedule will be provided to successful applicants. We are actively monitoring the COVID19 protocols and will provide further details about in-person or virtual options as we get closer to the events.
If you’re ready to put your passion for technology to work in a way that makes a real difference, you’ll find your place at Code for Good!
Key skills include:
• Computer Science and/or Engineering majors are preferred, while other majors may be considered
• Pursuing a B.A., B.S. or 5th year M.A. or M.S. with expected graduation of December 2022 or June 2023 or participating in a JPMorgan Chase-sponsored training program
• A well-rounded academic background with a preferred minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 (or prior participation in a JPMorgan Chase-sponsored training program
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
• Relevant internship experience and/or leadership in school or community organizations
This event is a pipeline to our Summer Software Engineer Program and could lead to an offer for the 2022 Summer Internship.
This role is a pipeline to our full-time Software Engineer Program, which is not eligible for employer immigration sponsorship. To be eligible for this program, you must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, JPMorgan Chase & Co., will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit including optional practical training (OPT) or curricular practical training (CPT). If you will require employer immigration sponsorship after completing your degree, you do not meet the basic requirements of this summer internship role.
About the process:
To be considered for Code for Good, you must complete the following steps:
1. Please read the Official Rules before you start this application.
2. Complete and submit the Code for Good event application.
3. In addition to completing this application you also must complete and submit a 2022 Summer Internship application
19. applicants will be asked to complete a coding challenge and video interview, powered by HireVue (Codevue). This is your opportunity to further bring your resume to life and showcase your experience for our recruiting team and hiring managers.
20. HireVue (CodeVue) are required, and your application will not be considered for further review until you have completed this. We strongly encourage that you apply and complete these required elements as soon as possible, since programs will close as positions are filled.
4. Selected applicants will be notified via email with final event details for the event.