Kanopy is a video streaming platform that brings people together through film. By partnering with universities and libraries, we’ve made it possible to offer free access to the world’s top film collection for millions of people. We’re growing at an incredible rate and are looking for the right Growth Marketing manager to come and join our team as we continue to scale our efforts.
About the Role
The Content & Workflow Consultant plays a critical role in maintaining successful client relationships, managing renewals, driving incremental revenue and providing invaluable cross-functional perspective on product and process improvements to the client experience.
- Execute and manage new account set-up workflow
- Responsible for trial setups
- Provide initial and ongoing training to customers where needed to expand spending ability
- Assist customers in the implementation of and continued use of video products
- Provide internal sales to existing customers
- Develop and manage relationships with new and existing customers
- Ensure central knowledge management portals are up to date with current customer and account information
- From time to time, represent video product to potential customers – through live or virtual presentations, trade shows and industry events
- Provide high-level customer support and coordinate customer support activities
- Communicate customer enhancement requests to product development team
- Provide usage statistics and other data to customers (PDA Reports)
- Analyze usage and expenditure data for trends
- Track and report on customer feedback to sales team
- Collaborate with sales team on customer maintenance by flagging potential issues and assisting with the response plan
- Proactively monitor key accounts and ensure customers are pro-actively contacted on a regular basis
- Oversee updating of MARC records for consistent MARC fields and inclusion of LC classification; including potential supervision of a LIS Intern
- Library diploma, MLS or MLIS equivalent
- Knowledge of Excel
What you will need to be successful:
- Familiarity with collection development and/or acquisitions workflow in libraries
- Three years of professional experience in libraries or experience in the book industry
- Experience in providing customer support
- (At least) intermediate Excel skills
- Ability to handle multiple, high priority tasks
- Experience in customer development and sales (preferred)
- Previous instructional/training experience
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written
- Self-motivated with high levels of initiative
Other important information about this position:
- This position will be home-based
- Occasional travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. Kanopy seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
This position will be remote based and comes with a competitive salary & benefits package, including full health coverage and 4 weeks vacation. At Kanopy, we look for focused and results driven people looking to make an impact and contribute to our growing team. Bonus points to those that have a good sense of humor, love for film, or an interest in education.