We are looking for a Graphics Operator for a fast-paced newscast. Input the electronic graphics, such as, name and location supers, banners, logos, and credits, which must be free of grammar or spelling errors for recall during a particular show. Communicate and work closely with producers and production staff in preparing rundowns and coordinating graphics.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inputting graphics in program order and creating rundowns within Xpression
- Ensuring all words are spelled correctly prior to air
- Creating last minute graphics white on the air
- Listening to the Producer and Reporters and keeping graphics in line with the stories being reported
Education and Experience:
- 2-3 years of Xpression operating experience
- Experience in operating Xpression during Live broadcasts
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be self-motivated and responsible.
- Average to above average spelling ability
- Must have high attention to detail and have good organizational skills
- Must have great communication skills and be articulate
- Must be able to handle sudden changes, such as breaking news.
- Must be able to solve problems as challenges arise so productivity is not diminished
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours, including weekends and holidays.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
- Intercom systems in control room
- Xpression Ross Graphics software
- General computer use
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds over head without assistance.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Maintain focus and attention to detail throughout the work shift.
- Changes often occur at the last minute, applicant must be flexible.
- Should be able to work well in a high-pressure TV Production environment and maintain an even temperament with a good attitude.
- Normally inside, controlled atmosphere, but taping does occur outside occasionally
- Born again believer and must adhere to this organization’s doctrines as upheld by Kenneth and Gloria Copeland and their appointed representatives.
- Must work well with others, as a team and according to Romans 16:17, must not cause dissension, difficulties and divisions.
- Must maintain a good attendance record.
- Membership and attendance at EMIC are preferred.
- Because of the wide range of personal contact with ministry leaders within and outside the organization, this position requires considerable diplomacy, maturity, and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with people of all cultures.