L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Test Engineer
Job Code : AS20200710-51554
Job Location: Arlington, Texas
Designs, develops, and implements testing methods and equipment. Plans and arranges the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices. Provides test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed. Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements. Responsible for testing all customer samples and for special tests that cannot be performed in the test area. The Test Engineer is responsible for component and system test and repair of electrical and mechanical systems.
– Compile data and define changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements
– Evaluate, recommend, and justify technical approaches or solutions to projects and departmental procedures
– Conduct a variety of nonroutine and nonrepetitive operations for installation of electronic and mechanical assemblies
– Troubleshoot and perform maintenance procedures for reconfigurable simulators
– Provide inputs to technical documents
– Work in an integrated product team environment
– Develop and document test methodologies and procedures
- Ability to work with hand tools
- Ability to use various test equipment: multimeters, theodolites, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Ability to read schematics, drawings, and follow modification instructions.
- Ability to obtain a clearance is required
- Ability to travel (50%)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in any hard science or Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Any experience in flight simulation or a similar field
- Flight Line Avionic systems troubleshooting/repair experience
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting network systems and/or computer networking
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.