Lumen’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within the North American Operations organization will be part of an accelerated learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active Lumen work projects. Operations Transformation Analyst interns will be a part of the transformation of Lumen’s operations organization by assisting with projects through ideation, planning, prioritization, trial to scale, and full deployment across one or more key domain areas. The internship will take place in Frisco, TX from 6/1/2021 – 8/13/2021.
In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engaging with our employee resource groups and developing their professional skills and business acumen through exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Launch your career with Lumen and be a part of something amazing!
- Support workshops, meetings and stakeholder interviews
- Document requirements from the product owner/business lead
- Develop process maps to understand As-Is and To-Be scenarios
- Identify operational scenarios and use cases (processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions)
- Estimate business value of a solution in business operational terms and drive adoption of key performance indicator (KPI).
- Work in an Agile, collaborative environments on a cross-functional team
- Analyze data to support conclusions and strategies, and organization
- Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university
- Graduating between August 2021 – May 2023
- In pursuit of bachelor’s or master’s in management information systems degree program
- Intern is responsible for their travel to/from work location
- Must be available to work 30 – 40 hours, during the specified 10-week timeframe
- US work authorization is required
- Ability to develop new problem-solving techniques to build insights
- Demonstrate exceptional quantitative analysis skills and ability to derive recommendations informed by data and insights
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as solid knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team environment
- Understand business needs and challenges and apply creative and logical approach to identify solutions
Requisition #: 235371