Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 9,100 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands; Ray-ban, Oakley and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; Lenscrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
To support our global business, Luxottica operates multiple manufacturing and logistics facilities across North America to support our retail stores and wholesale customers.
The Luxottica Internship Program is an immersion into Luxottica and its brands. It’s a project-based internship where you will have the opportunity to learn, collaborate, and contribute to business success by working on priority projects. At Luxottica, we love what we do! We are looking for students who share our passion to help the world see and can turn their passion into dedication and focus to deliver great results.
By interning in our Dallas facility, you’ll work on projects impacting manufacturing and distribution in North America, which supports our retail stores and wholesale customers.
We are looking for innovative and passionate students to join us in a Rx Engineering Operations related function.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies areas of improvement within the manufacturing process of prescription lenses to ensure a high level of quality and accuracy.
- Builds new processes to improve efficiency of manufacturing lines, and decrease down time.
- Assists in company initiatives to increase production while maintaining high quality standards.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related major
- Self-starter and driven to succeed
- Previous internship experience in engineering, logistics or continuous improvement
- Ability to interact and build relationships across all functions of the company
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Available the full 10-week program, 40 hours per week
- Interest in corporate finance & accounting.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Study abroad or international exposure
- Demonstrate leadership ability and relationship building skills
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com (be sure to provide your name and contact information for either option so that we may follow up in a timely manner).