Sole Description: Laboratory Technician
Department: Infectious Disease
Reports To: Laboratory Manager
Purpose of the Role: Handling all infectious disease testing providing 100% accuracy when handling all samples, and creation of collection devices.
Outcome Required & Strategic Priorities
- The Technician will become proficient in performing sample processing.
- The Technician will become proficient in usage and basic maintenance of all lab machinery.
- The Technician will become proficient in pipetting, serial dilutions.
- The Technician will have a basic understanding of the data and internal controls
- The Technician nneeds a broad understanding of sterile technique and cleaning necessary for a PCR lab.
Main Responsibilities / Critical Tasks
- Performing sample prep and DNA extraction.
- Performing manual pipetting steps with small volumes.
- Assist in making our in-house collection devices.
- Reviewing and assisting protocol developments and adjustments.
- Preparing solutions.
- Preparing accurate sample tracker files
- Maintaining a clean work environment
- All duties as assigned
Infectious disease lab and Analytical Operations
Skills & Knowledge
Required / Desired Education and Background:
- High school diploma with 4 years of laboratory experience
- Extensive Laboratory Experience
- Experience pipetting
- Very flexible schedule (day/night)
- Able to sit and perform repetitive task for an entire shift
- Focus and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to adapt quickly to new changes
- Technicians will be measured on 100% accuracy, while performing work related duties.
- Technicians will be measured on preparing sample plates for the Laboratory Scientists according to the current metric.
Laboratory Technicians at HealthtrackRx can have regarding and challenging careers. Our years of experience have allowed us to identify some driers of success that can greatly increase your likelihood of success, so we want to share them with you. Within 2 weeks of onboarding, a successful Laboratory Technician will:
- Be able to accurately receive samples into the lab, correctly scan sample plates
- Be able to plate 94 samples in less than 45 minutes (any sample type)
- Be proficient in the use of a Hamilton Numbus, Hamilton Star, and ThermoFisher KingFisher.
- Be able to process all live sample types
- Be able to troubleshoot and resolve common scanning, plating, Hamilton errors
Varied Day and Night shifts: Pay is $17 per hour for day and $19 per hour for night, some incentives for weekend work and production
Please fill out this link if interested and reach out to me at email@example.com