We all know that our health care system is complicated. Getting data from one provider to another, or from a provider to a health insurance company, is frustrating for virtually everyone. Imagine developing solutions that help make these data transactions easier and faster. That is what we do at Lyniate; we make interoperability platforms that allow data – such as patient encounter details, lab results, and billing information – to move seamlessly from one system to another.
While most people will not ever see our products and services during a medical encounter, our interoperability platforms are running behind the scenes. Think of them as the central nervous system helping to move data where it needs to be to improve the patient experience. To learn more about Lyniate, visit www.lyniate.com .
If using your expertise in a way that impacts our health care system, patient care, and population health sounds like something you would find rewarding, apply today!
Lyniate is actively seeking a Software Engineering Intern to join our growing team in our Frisco, TX office. Due to Covid, this internship will be remotely based until we can safely return to the office. The intern is expected to work 20 hours per week and the internship is expected to run from January 17, 2022-April 29, 2022. We are only considering candidates within the US at this time and will not provide sponsorship.
Potential Projects Include
The intern will be working to develop and deploy Windows, web, or cloud services to facilitate the exchange of healthcare data.
- Prototyping a patient-visible application
- Traffic analysis for performance monitoring and threat detection
- Developing familiarity with Amazon Web Services deployment technologies
You love to learn new tools and techniques and do a little better each day. You have strong analytical skills and can translate software requirements and design into effective test cases and scenarios. You enjoy collaboration and can communicate ideas clearly and grasp suggestions from others accurately.
- The intern will be required to understand the existing system and then gather requirements from stakeholders and engineer the solution (with guidance from a mentor) to meet the goals of the project
- The intern will be required to present their findings and recommendations to the business as a capstone
- The project will expose the intern to multiples facets of software engineering, including requirements gathering, solution formulation, technical design, cloud technologies, evaluating and selecting third part components, teamwork, presenting to technical and business audiences and the wider business context engineers operate in
Education & Experience
You are currently pursuing a BS or master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
Experience With Any Of The Following Technologies Is Preferred
- .NET languages (ideally C#)
- REST services and/or API design