Job Title: Draftsman/Detailer
Supervisor: Engineering Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
MAC Trailer is the nation’s foremost manufacturer of dump, flatbed, and transfer trailers, straight truck bodies, dry bulk pneumatic tanks, and liquid tank trailers. The success of MAC Trailer can be attributed to a quality product built by quality people. This is why MAC Trailer invests in its people and facilities to create a safe, secure work environment with room for training and growth. If you’re interested in being part of a diverse workforce in a supportive work environment, MAC Trailer is the place for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of files that are created.
- Draft detailed, multiple view drawings, schematics, etc.
- Analyze engineering sketches, customer specs and all relevant data to determine design.
- Modify existing drawings to reflect changes for production.
- Create engineering orders and engineering change notices.
- Ensure drafting is compliant to applicable industry standards.
- Create functional documents that meet customer and industry specifications.
- Ability to model 3-D objects and assemblies.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Production environmental with heavy workload and tight deadlines.
Qualifications and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Formal drafting education, training (associate degree) or 3 + years’ experience required.
- Knowledge of principles of engineering.
- Proficient in SolidWorks. (SolidEdge and ProNest experience is a plus).
- Aptitude to work constructively under stress in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Strong problems solving skills.
- Knowledge of construction and mechanics helpful.
- Detail Oriented with excellence organizational/communication skills.
- Must be able to take directions.
- Project leadership skills and experience helpful
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
Ability to sit, stand and walk for long periods throughout the day
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Work is primarily conducted in a normal office setting. Some work is conducted in a warehouse and/or shop floor environment with noise, dust, operating machinery and high traffic volume.
MAC Trailer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MAC Trailer does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.