Want to make a difference and be challenged every day as part of one of the largest global semiconductor companies in the world? Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.3 billion company with offices and manufacturing sites around the world. Within the next several months, Maxim Integrated and Analog Devices are anticipated to combine to create a company with $8B combined revenue, and enhanced product breadth and scope.
Now is the time to beat the crowd and join Maxim today as part of a team that pushes the boundaries of what’s possible. This merger will create the dream team of the analog and mixed-signal market with a combined engineering talent pool of over 10,000 engineers.
With the anticipated merger, you will have a significant opportunity for career growth with 15,000+ employees and $1.5 billion in combined R&D investment.
From the day we first opened our doors in 1983, we’ve attracted and nurtured some of the best problem solvers, creative thinkers, and innovators in the business. We develop the high-performance analog and mixed-signal electronic products that are in the latest cars, smartphones, wearables, hearables, gaming devices, robots, factories, IOT devices, the cloud, and more.
So what are you waiting for? Apply now to be part of this incredible future!
Job Description Summary:
Maxim Integrated, newly combined as a $9 billion dollar company with Analog Devices, designs award-winning semiconductors that make the world more integrated. With offices, and manufacturing sites around the world, we know that it’s our people who make us a great company. We reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement. With analog integration, the possibilities are endless. Every day, we’re empowering design innovation and overcoming the toughest engineering challenges, enabling our customers to create the solutions that define and shape our world. Want to make a difference and be challenged every day? Join us!
Engineers filling this position will join a small team of experienced engineers focused on the develop of firmware and supporting applications for the Bluetooth Low Energy microcontroller product line.
Designs, develops, modifies and evaluates electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment, or other hardware systems and/or electrical engineering applications. Determines design approaches and parameters. Analyzes equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results. Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability. May also review vendor capability to support product development.
Responsibilities and Duties include but not limited to:
- Design and debug software and PCBs for wireless applications
- Provide technical support to key customers
- Research and development with digital and analog hardware design teams
- Assist in the development of user guides and documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering is preferred; Electrical Engineering and Computer Science are also applicable
- Strong embedded C firmware design skills
- Experience debugging circuits and software
- Understanding of software development tools and techniques
- Understanding of operating systems and computer architecture
- Experience with electrical lab equipment (oscilloscope, logic analyzer, power supply…)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of serial protocols, timers and other microcontroller peripherals
- Ability to work both independently and with a cross-functional team
- Experience with Bluetooth Low Energy or similar wireless protocols
- Experience with continuous integration systems
Non – Manager
Pay Rate Type:
Eligible for Relocation:
Eligible for Work Visa Sponsorship:
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations; including but not limited to US Government International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), US Export Administration Regulations (EAR), or US Treasury Regulations. If required, placement is contingent on Maxim’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.