About the role:
As an Information Security – Graphic and Game Design Intern, you will be part of the Information Security Governance and Assurance organization within the Office of the Chief Information Security Officer (OCISO). This position has the objective of supporting the Security Awareness and Education Program Manager in order to ensure McAfee’s workforce are trained, educated and aware of cyber security threats and best practices. This is based in Plano, TX.
• Updating our Microsoft SharePoint site with relevant security awareness information
• Communicating security awareness initiatives through several media outlets such as Yammer, newsletters, graphic campaigns and SharePoint
• Assist in drafting security communications to be sent to the internal workforce on planned cybersecurity topics and events
• Creating interactive tools to keep employees engaged in learning security awareness content
• Project managing and launching awareness campaigns and events around the globe
• Collaborating and communicating with various Business Units and the wider OCISO organization to ensure security awareness objectives are being met
• Other duties assigned by Security Awareness and Training Program Manager as appropriate
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree in Game Design or similar with a 3.0 GPA or better
- Should be graduating AFTER December 2021.
- Skilled in game design and creating interactive tools
- Skilled in Game Maker Studio, Python, Unity, Unreal or any game development software
- Skilled in Adobe Illustrator, Creative Cloud and graphic design is a huge plus
- Ability to code HTML is highly preferred
- Working knowledge or experience of Microsoft Office products – Word, Power Point and Excel at a minimum
- Excellent interpersonal skills, presentation skills, and verbal/written communication skills
- Experience or comfortable with presenting information on a regular basis
- Ability to write professional communications that will go out to the employee population
- Ability to think outside of the box, must be a creative thinker and adaptable to change
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- A willingness to learn about cybersecurity
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Living within a commutable distance to Plano, TX is required for this position for the entire internship
- Ability to work part time in March, full time in Summer and part time in Fall.
- Provide a portfolio, preferably a website
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement