Data Analyst – Social, Healthcare and Public Entities (Dallas, TX)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent area
- 2+ years of experience in the field of business intelligence, application development, database development and ETL and/or data analysis domains with Big Data: SQL, Hive and/or Spark knowledge
- Hands-on coding and application experience with programming languages like Python or similar scripting languages; experience in version control tools (GIT or similar)
- Ability to translate business requirements
- Excellent time management skills
- Willingness and ability to engage with teams and collectively solve complex problems
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid changes common in early-stage product development
- Healthcare domain knowledge; interest in healthcare is appreciated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Travel expectation: less than 10%
You will be based in our Dallas or Waltham office as part of our Social, Healthcare and Public Entities (SHaPE) practice.
The Social, Healthcare and Public Entities (SHaPE) practice is one of 10 industry practices within the firm and has a mission of measurably improving individuals’ lives, livelihoods and health and creating safer and more just communities around the world. SHaPE is organized around domains, which house intellectual property and expert practitioners, Centers of Excellence, and cross-functional special teams working to bring a distinctive approach to our clients in practice priority areas like digital and analytics. This position will be a part of the Revenue Excellence domain, with distinctive capabilities in the areas of healthcare provider growth, revenue cycle management, and pricing.
Our Healthcare Analytics group leverages a big-data analytics platform that includes 100 terabytes of integrated claim, encounter, clinical, consumer, and other data. The team consists of 100 dedicated experts and 250 affiliated professionals with industry, advanced analytics, statistics, clinical, and software expertise, all of whom work to design, deliver, and operate advanced analytic tools to help healthcare clients around the world.
You’ll work with our data delivery team alongside data scientists, tool developers, consultants and clients on projects that use complex data and advanced modeling to solve client problems and deliver significant measurable impact. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing.
You will provide data engineering expertise in client service.
You will be responsible for coding and testing tools and technology assets to deliver high quality analytics to our clients. You will perform the transformation, filtering and aggregation of raw data into concise, accurate and client-specific data models. You will be responsible for data-intensive ad hoc analytics including novel analytics. In addition, you will collaborate with the product and delivery team on the definition and requirements of analytics products within an agile framework.
You’ll be an integral part of our team with opportunities for coaching and mentorship from your senior colleagues.