Medpace is a full-service clinical contract research organization (CRO). We provide Phase I-IV clinical development services to the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device industries. Our mission is to accelerate the global development of safe and effective medical therapeutics through its scientific and disciplined approach. We leverage local regulatory and therapeutic expertise across all major areas including oncology, cardiology, metabolic disease, endocrinology, central nervous system, anti-viral and anti-infective. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, employing approximately 3,500 people across almost 40 countries.
This is the application for the University of North Texas PharmD Interview Day on November 17th. Please only apply to this if you are a student at this institution and are interested in interviewing with us at your Interview Day.
The Clinical Research Associate at Medpace is offering the unique opportunity to have an exciting career in the research of drug and medical device development while making a difference in the lives of those around them. For those with medical and/or health/life science background who want to explore the research field, travel the US, and be part of a team bringing pharmaceutical and medical devices to market – this could be the right opportunity for you!
Our successful Clinical Research Associates possess various backgrounds in medical and other science-related healthcare fields. Individuals who have succeeded in the CRA role include:
- PharmD/PhD candidates
Pharmaceutical/Device Sales Representatives
Health and Wellness Coordinators
MEDPACE CRA TRAINING PROGRAM (PACE)
No research experience is needed as Medpace provides comprehensive initial and ongoing training, unmatched by other CROs. Through ourPACE Training Program, you will join other Professionals Achieving CRA Excellence:
PACE provides the platform to effectively and confidently carry out your duties, enhance your current abilities and ultimately help you become a high-functioning independent Medpace CRA.
PACE will prepare you by developing your CRA skills through interactive discussions and hands on job-related exercises and practicums.
To supplement your in-house and field-based training you may also participate in other clinical research departmental core rotations, learning other aspects of the drug/device development and approval process.
WHY BECOME A CRA
This role takes you on a journey through travel and excitement which will allow you to make a difference on a large scale through the enhancement of pharmaceuticals and medical devices. The CRA position provides many other distinctive advantages including:
Dynamic working environment, with varying responsibilities day-to-day
Expansive experience in multiple therapeutic areas
Work within a team of therapeutic and regulatory experts
Defined CRA promotion and growth ladder with potential for mentoring and management advancements
Competitive pay and opportunity for significant travel bonus
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING
- Competitive travel bonus
- The opportunity to work from home
- Retain airline reward miles and hotel reward points
- Home office furniture allowance, laptop, mobile phone with hotspot for internet access anywhere
- In-house travel agents, reimbursement for airline club, TSA pre-check, and automatic enrollment in AAA
- Opportunity for CRA leadership positions – Lead CRA, CRA Manager
- Customized Fast PACE training program based on your experience and therapeutic background and interest
- User friendly CTMS with electronic submission and approval of monitoring visit reports
- Ongoing therapeutic training by our in-house physicians who are medical and regulatory experts
- Nationwide assignments with average of 2 protocols
- In-house administrative support for all levels of CRAs
- Opportunities to work with international team of CRAs
- Many additional perks unmatched by other CROs!
Conduct qualification, initiation, monitoring, and closeout visits at research sites in compliance with the approved protocol;
- Communication with the medical site staff including coordinators, clinical research physicians, and their site staff;
- Verify adequate investigator qualifications, training and resources, including facilities, laboratories, equipment, and staff;
- Medical record and research source documentation verification against case report form data, including informing the site staff of any entry errors, ensuring good documentation practices are being adhered to and communicating protocol deviations appropriately per SOPs, GCP, and applicable regulatory requirements;
- Verification that the investigator is enrolling only eligible subjects;
- Regulatory document review;
- Medical device and/or investigational product/drug accountability and inventory;
- Verification and review of adverse events, serious adverse events, concomitant medications and corresponding illnesses to confirm accurate data reporting in accordance with the protocol;
- Assess the clinical research site’s patient recruitment and retention success and offering suggestions for improvement; and
- Completion of monitoring reports and follow-up letters, which includes providing summaries of the significant findings, deviations, deficiencies, and recommended actions to secure compliance.
- Must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a health or science related field;
- Approximately 60-80% non-local, nationwide travel is required;
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive to monitoring sites;
- Minimum 1 year relevant work experience preferred;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft® Office;
- Strong communication and presentation skills; and
- Must be detail-oriented and efficient in time management.
When you join Medpace, you become part of a team dedicated to supporting the development of ground-breaking drugs and devices. Our employees provide hope for those living with debilitating diseases. We invite you to be a part of something that is impacting millions of people around the globe while enjoying a competitive total compensation and benefits package and internal growth opportunities.
- Medpace historically named a Top Cincinnati Workplace by the Cincinnati Enquirer
- Medpace ranks amongst top CROs for site ratings across all 10 important attributes including CRA training, preparation & organization, accessibility of staff, open communication, and ensuring timely drug availability
- Continually recognized with CRO Leadership Awards from Life Science Leader magazine based on expertise, quality, capabilities, reliability, and compatibility
What to Expect Next:
A member of our recruitment team will review your qualifications and, if interested, you will be contacted for an interview.