Mouser Electronics is a Berkshire Hathaway company, and an award-winning global distributor of semiconductors and electronic components that ships to over 500,000 customers in 170 countries from its 750,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility in Mansfield, Texas. Mouser.com is an award winning website that features more than 4 million products online from more than 700 leading manufacturers.
Mouser employees enjoy competitive pay and benefits, a business casual dress environment, a state-of-the-art facility in which to work, and an experienced management team with vision and a passion for growth. Mouser has built upon 53 years of growth and success in the electronic components distribution industry and is a subsidiary of TTI, Inc.
The User Experience Design (UXD) Intern will gain exposure to using a goal-directed design methodology to provide user-focused design solutions and apply them to an e-commerce website within the electronics distribution industry.
- Observe and train with several team members within the Website Experience department to gain an understanding of various processes
- Working knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, Axure and other UXD tools
- Exposure in creating and documenting frameworks for visual design, interaction, and service design
- Exposure in creating and documenting user and system models
- Exposure in conducting research, user testing and A/B testing.
- Exposure in conducting competitor analysis
- Exposure in creating prototypes
- Gain an understanding of degree utilization in the workplace
- Participates in regular meetings with both internal and external customers
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Undergraduate in good standing at either a junior or senior level with focus in Website Design, Website Development, Graphic Design, User Experience Design, Design Management, Computer Science
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
· Exhibits strong analytical and organizational skills.
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
· Demonstrates a positive attitude toward self and others.
· Interacts effectively with individuals and groups inside and outside the organization.
· Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication and telephone etiquette.
· Able to communicate with people at all levels.
· Proficient with internet e-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and other software.
· Able to type data and use a computer for long periods of time.
This is a summary of the primary accountabilities and requirements for this position. The company reserves the right to modify or amend accountabilities and requirements at any time at its sole discretion based on business needs. Any part of this job description is subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.