Virtual Summer Intern Program: Modeling/Analytics Intern
2021 Virtual Summer Intern Program: Modeling/Analytics Intern
Mr. Cooper’s 10-week, summer internship program offers college students the chance to discover what it’s like to work at a leading financial services organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor. While gaining insight into the industry, interns are immediately part of Mr. Cooper’s collaborative culture. Spend your summer at Mr. Cooper and gain a career where you can make a difference!
Responsible for designing, building and implementing predictive models to optimize key business decisions and processes for the purpose of driving value for the firm.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Create, enhance and maintain models and model parameters for various models, such as:
• Probability based outcome modeling and NPV optimization
• Portfolio recapture analysis
• Forecasting prepayment speeds, delinquencies and defaults
• Real estate market valuation
• Risk scoring and portfolio segmentation
• Marketing response models
• Master’s Degree or in Final Year of Obtaining Masters
• Major: Data Science Analytics, Economics or Statistics
• Must be experienced with predictive modeling, multivariate regression, logistic regression, hazard models, transition models and sample size analysis.
• Strong quantitative skills with a proven ability to translate analysis into meaningful insights and help drive execution strategy.
• Must be proficient in SAS, SQL and MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
About Mr. Cooper Group
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Mr. Cooper Group is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave these principles of throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.