The Biostatistician participates in the development of cutting edge technologies for analysis of genetic data, also working closely with biologists and other cross functional teams. Designs and implements experiments and statistical analyses of varying complexity in the context of research, development, product validations, clinical trials and scientific publications.
- Drive design and execution of statistical studies with a focus on innovative and efficient quantitative decision making.
- Perform sample size and power calculations for statistical analyses of varying complexity.
- Produce high quality written documentation including study plans and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned to drive design and execution of statistical studies with a focus on innovative and efficient quantitative decision making.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, biostatistics, or equivalent; MS preferred.
- At least 2 years practical experience with data analysis software such as Python, Matlab or R
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of statistical methods including the ability to produce novel methods based on first principles understanding.
- Knowledge of SQL query language (preferred not required).
- Ability and desire to communicate in cross functional teams with members from varying background.
- Ability to produce high quality written documentation for varying audiences.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Healthy catered lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery, Employee-organized sport leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous Employee Referral program.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.