KWES-TV, NewsWest 9, TEGNA’s NBC affiliate in Midland/Odessa, Texas has an opportunity for a cutting-edge multi-skilled journalist to create and produce content for our digital and social platforms. The NewsWest 9 Digital MSJ will curate, produce and host live coverage of breaking news and important events as they happen, giving users an in-the-moment view of what’s going on. You will also work with the news team to develop original stories with animation and graphics. The ideal candidate is a strong self-starter who’s not afraid to think, write and produce outside the box. We’re looking for a Digital MSJ who can also be a Digital Content Producer.
• You’ll use your shooting and editing skills to create original content, live content, breaking news coverage and coverage of major news events on digital, social and broadcast platforms.
• Monitor news releases, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, social media and other online news sources for stories.
• Coordinate sending and receiving video with other TEGNA stations.
• Research, create and integrate original and repurposed content, including text, images, video and social media.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics, user-generated content, webcam interviews and other new forms of media to enhance stories.
• Participate in news meetings and work with the content team to develop original digital content opportunities.
• Produce digital content across NewsWest 9 digital, mobile, app, OTT and social media platforms.
• Understand and achieve metrics goals by using our analytic tools.
• This role includes copy editing, writing headlines, monitoring news tips and using strong news judgement for the audience.
• Help with adding story tips to the daily planner.
• Contribute to news content creation, including selecting and writing stories and clipping videos.
• Bring a consistent sense of urgency, immediacy and real-time strategies to digital news content and projects.
• Perform other tasks as required by the news director.
• College degree in journalism, mass communications or related field.
• At least one year of professional digital content production experience preferred.
• Experience with video editing.
• Demonstrated ability to engage audience with headlines and social media posts.
• Strong understanding of AP style, including ability to rapidly edit and/or rewrite stories.
• Highly motivated individual with creative and aggressive approach to driving digital results.
• Ability to work independently and multi-task confidently under tight deadlines.
• Experience working with a digital content management system.
• Experience curating and presenting data in an understandable, shareable format.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including night, weekend and holiday shifts.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] – URL blocked – click to apply.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations. #LI-NB1