Technical Support Engineer Intern
Please Note: NI does NOT petition for H-1B status from student visas for full-time or intern hires, thus cannot accept candidates for this position who are on a student visa and have Curriculum Practical Training (CPT), Optional Practical Training (OPT), or academic training.
The NI Support organization is opening an opportunity for an intern position in our Support department.
Are you excited by helping fellow engineers and scientists solve tomorrow’s grand challenges? Do you live for that “aha!” moment when solving a complex technical problem? Are you at your best working in a collaborative environment where you can discuss ideas and consult with fellow engineers about troubleshooting steps? Is having a diverse range of work to tackle in a given day a must-have in your career? If so, Technical Support Engineering may be the place for you!
This experience will give you a well-rounded perspective of working at NI and the opportunity to work with the latest computer-based measurement technologies, while also making a valuable contribution to NI.
Come experience the award-winning NI culture.
As an Intern you will:
- Receive training on NI hardware and software products including the following:
- LabVIEW Core I
- LabVIEW Core II
- Other training specified by project requirements
- Focus on Technical Project Development
- Work cross functionally while developing communication and technical skills.
- Work in Technical Support
- Work with customers from NI to address their questions regarding the use of different hardware and software products.
- Develop demos to be presented to NI customers
- Develop Technical content creation
- Develop presentations to communicate team and personal achievements.
- Pursuing a bachelors or masters degree with a major in electrical engineering
- Class Standing
- Sophomore or above, with preference given to well-qualified rising juniors and rising seniors
- Strong work ethic and desire to succeed
- Problem solving skills; enjoys solving technical problems
- Communication – Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You are comfortable communicating technical concepts to a range of backgrounds, one-on-one or in front of a group.
- Problem Solver – Integrates information from disparate sources to identify underlying causes and find creative solutions. Sees beyond short-term issues to understand the bigger picture.
- Technical – Familiar with electronic circuit design concepts and basic electronic instrumentation.
- Dynamic – Thrives in an environment where the work changes from day to day. You are fascinated by the multitudes of ways that engineers and scientists solve tomorrow’s grand challenges.
- Collaborative – Team oriented with the ability to effectively collaborate with peers.