The Administration department is seeking a Human Resources Intern to support Recruitment and join the Human Resources team of the North Central Texas Council of Governments. The Human Resources team supports a population of 400 employees and is responsible for various projects including:
- Policy & Procedure Development
- Compensation Reviews
- Performance Management
- Benefits Administration
- Agency-wide projects
- Projects that span the region and state.
This individual will support NCTCOG’s recruitment efforts through resume retrieval, creative sourcing, social media posts and operational support activities. The Human Resources Recruitment Intern will provide support for the Human Resources team with responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Drafting internal and external correspondence, preparing presentations, and creating marketing materials
- Posting positions on various job boards to support outreach efforts
- Drafting social media posts
- Coordinating the distribution of information
- Supporting recruitment efforts through communicating with hiring managers, reviewing resumes and coordinating interviews with applicants
- Monitoring application information through our Applicant Tracking System
- Coordinating and completing internal administrative support work
Work Business Hours:
Our offices operate Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM. This intern will work a flexible weekly schedule of approximately 20-29 hours. This position will work in NCTCOG offices 2 days a week now – mid-August, 3 days a week beginning mid-September and will continue to return to the office fulltime when NCTCOG determines it is safe to return to the office. Please note that this internship is scheduled to end September 30, 2022, with the possibility of extending it further.
- Excellent customer service focus
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year university or graduate program in Human Resources, Communication, Business Administration, or other related majors
- Detail-oriented and the ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- General business knowledge related to human resources and marketing
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, conduct business in ethical manner, present a credible image, and accept and follow direction
- Current enrollment required in a 4-year university or graduate program in Human Resources, Communication, Business Administration, or other related majors
- Work experience is not required
Salary & Benefits:
- $11.43 – $15.00 USD – depending on qualifications
- 75% match into an eligible retirement plan
- Flexibility with class schedules
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, and compensation without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected class.
If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a position with NCTCOG, please contact Human Resources by calling 817-695-9234 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.