Come join our global team of dedicated professionals who through their extraordinary efforts demonstrate every day their commitment to our mission of improving the lives of patients. At Orthofix our culture is built around Integrity and the core beliefs we live by: Exceed Expectations, Work Together, Be Respectful, Get Lean and Have Fun! As an Orthofix employee, you will become an integral part of our culture by continually demonstrating the highest level of integrity and our beliefs while making an impact to our vision “To be a highly respected global orthopedic and spine company that delivers exceptional value to our patients, customers, team members, partners and shareholders.”
Development Engineer – Spine Fixation
How you’ll make a difference?
Entry level engineering position responsible for supporting projects lead by more senior engineers.
What will be your Duties and Responsibilities?
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Develop CAD models and drawings
- Author test protocols and reports
- Perform product testing
- Participate in design reviews/brainstorming meetings
- Support operations in continuing engineering issues
- Create device specifications and drawings
- Execute engineering change orders (ECO)
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Work Instructions (WI) related to R&D
- Perform basic finite element analysis (FEA) of components
- Regular attendance required
What skills you’ll need?
- 0-2+ years experience
- Experience with CAD systems
- SolidWorks a plus
- Undergraduate Engineering Degree
- Mechanical Engineering Preferred
- Biomedical Engineering with focus in Mechanical Engineering also considered
- Co-Op experience a plus.
Nonessential Skills, Experience and Qualifications (not necessary but preferred):
- 3+ years experience in a design related role
- Experience in designing orthopedic or spine hardware
- Basic understanding of biomechanics and human anatomy
- Ability to work with legal counsel to assure protection and maintenance of intellectual property
- Familiarity with quality systems in a regulated industry
- Providing technical assistance (e.g. support to sales & marketing regarding technical information on products, inspection guidance for inventory components, etc.)
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to stand, walk and use business equipment daily such as P.C., copier, fax, telephone, etc.; occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 40 lbs.
- Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to standard level
- Ability to utilize computer, drafting, and prototyping equipment
- Lab or technical testing
- Travel may be required to call on vendors and customers
Please email your resumes to Andrew Godley at: Andrew.Godley@utsouthwestern.com.