The PACCAR Technical Center is looking for an engineering intern to work in the Advanced Powertrain group supporting the PACCAR SuperTruck-II engine program. SuperTruck-II is a Department of Energy-funded project which aims to improve freight efficiency by more than 100% and demonstrate 55% engine brake thermal efficiency of class 8 trucks. The assignment is to support the development of advanced data analysis techniques, including post-processing (Matlab based) tools based on comprehensive engine test-bed measurement. This assignment provides the opportunity to work with state-of-art technologies and to gain experience in a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
- Research methods for physics-based evaluation methods for state-of-art engine technologies
- Support development of design-of-experiments in the test cells to evaluate next-gen engine fuel efficiency concepts
- Data processing tool development (MATLAB based) for a detailed analysis of engine test-bed data.
- Develop technical reports and presentation to communicate progress clearly
- Excellent knowledge of mechanics, thermo- & fluid dynamics
- Programming skills (preferably Matlab, Python)
- Good understanding or strong interest in engine and turbomachinery
- Excellent communication ad presentation skills
Junior or higher standing toward an engineering degree