The PACCAR Technical Center is looking for an engineering intern interested in vehicle system modeling and simulation on medium and heavy duty battery electric trucks. This position’s primary tasks include model correlation against experimental data, focusing on battery degradation to support computational simulation needs for PACCAR North America.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- The Engineering Intern will learn battery electric truck modeling approach and be given a chance to check model correlations with experimental data especially on the battery performance side. The specific activities include:
- Learn and exercise with a battery electric truck model in GT-Suite
- Conduct battery model calibration, focusing on capacity and performance degradation.
- Run simulations to assess impact on vehicle energy consumption.
- Process analysis results and write reports
- Solid thermodynamics and/or electrochemistry background
- Experience with GT-Suite
- Strong computer skills including Windows, Linux and MS Office. Coding experience desired.
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills required
Currently working for an undergraduate or graduate degree in mechanical / electrical engineering or relevant major