Year-Long Paid Internship (NOT HIRING FOR SUMMER-ONLY)
An opportunity to shadow veteran mechanical and electrical engineers through daily tasks, this is a paid
internship position for aspiring undergraduate engineering students who have already become well
versed in the foundations of mechanical engineering. A minimum of 25 hours per week will be
expected, allowing for flexibility to work around class schedules. The ability to read and interpret
mechanical drawings is essential to this position. The position will combine hands on opportunities to
learn more about the field of engineering, as well as to engage with international trade. Interns will
primarily work with engineers in the United States but will also collaborate with engineers working on site
in multiple Asian countries. This is an outstanding opportunity to acquire “hands on” experience with
Autodesk, Inventor, SolidWorks, and Ansys 3D Modeling Software.
U.S. Citizenship Required | Security Clearance Required
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and obtain a security clearance. This internship is
a one-year program designed to serve as a learning period, preparing the intern for a full-time
• Assures the accuracy and completeness of all drawings, files, engineering records, prints and tasks of
• Learns and becomes proficient in the company products and processes
• Assists with quality assurance of all products.
• Assists with the development and maintenance of the parts catalogs, owner’s manuals, and
operational instruction manuals for the assigned products.
• Maintains high standard professionalism in attitudes and communication with fellow employees and
customers, both in the United States and abroad.
• Identifies and initiates designs of a complex nature and conducts necessary research incidental to
• Completes design projects through the processes of planning, concept development, calculation
and design analysis, design, testing, evaluation, and implementation
• Assists in implementing projects to improve overall product quality performance.
• Gains understanding of the numerous moving parts associated with international trade.
• Work closely with Shipping & Receiving
• Receiving inventory
Students interested should respond directly to the HR Director at Pacific Links International: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Pacific Links International
Pacific Links International is a global leader in the manufacturing of fiber optical equipment. We work with
customers in many industries to develop innovative solutions tailored to individual needs and
requirements. Our extensive range stretches from East Asia across the Pacific into North America. We
connect those in need of fiber optic solutions directly to the manufacturing source, eliminating costly
markups associated with third party vendors. Our products are customized to our customers’ unique
needs and manufactured with the highest quality of materials and craftsmanship.