PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Peterbilt Motors Company
On highways, construction sites, city streets, logging roads – everywhere our customers earn their living – Peterbilt’s red oval is a familiar symbol of performance, reliability and pride. Peterbilt has reigned as America’s premium quality truck manufacturer since the company’s founding in 1939. Our dedication to deliver products and services focused on improving customers’ performance, image, profitability and peace of mind truly makes Peterbilt the Class of the Industry.
This position is based at Peterbilt’s Engineering Administration Building next to our Manufacturing Plant in Denton, Texas, where we have been headquartered since 1980. In Denton, we have manufactured, supported, and distributed over 1 million trucks. Our employees take great pride in our products. We are recognized as a premier employer and valued partner in the local community.
This position is available for an experienced electrical engineer designing vehicle systems. Hiring level will commensurate with experience and skills. This position will be responsible for the activities related to implementing the project for Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV).
Here’s what you will do in this role:
- Responsible for engineering definition, development, design, validation, and production support.
- Duties involve engineering assistance, problem resolution, training and other engineering duties supporting various aspects of production, applying standard engineering techniques with degree of supervision varying with experience.
- Identify and support definition and placement of new electronic components, high voltage routing, and development of common standards related to high voltage installation on PACCAR vehicles
- Implement BEV production builds and project documentation
You’re going to need this to be successful:
- BS Degree required in Electrical Engineering
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, take initiative, act as a team player, and a problem solver.
- Excellent professional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
- Strong vehicle systems background.
- High level of initiative and demonstrated problem solving experience.
- Must be able to work with a diverse set of stakeholders (PACCAR Divisions, Suppliers & Customers) and manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Experience with Microsoft office products.
- Experience with Pro-Engineer, Creo, Windchill, Mentor Graphics, electrical system schematics and drawing interpretation.
- Hands on experience and manufacturing experience desired.
- Must be willing to travel, including internationally.
- Expertise with modeling complex systems with dynamic and thermal considerations and emphasis on weight control of a commercially viable final product.
- Ability to work with Tier 1 partner integrating high voltage DC electric powertrain and control systems
- Understanding of High Voltage DC power systems, energy storage, inverters, motors, cabling & routing, charging, troubleshooting, design.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field is required.
Why work for PACCAR/Peterbilt?
- Competitive salary, 401k with a 5% match, AND a company paid Pension Plan after 5 years of service.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your family.
- Comprehensive Paid Time Off – Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Sick Leave.
- Tuition Reimbursement for continued education – eligible after 1 year of service.
- Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth and development opportunities.
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized as experts in their fields.
Additional Job Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability. Peterbilt promotes Diversity and Inclusion through mentorship, events, and affinity support groups – The Diversity Council, Peterbilt Women’s Initiative (PBWin), Veterans Group, and ADVOCATE (An LGBTQ support group).
APPLY FOR THIS PETERBILT AND OTHER POSITIONS AT: HTTPS://JOBS.PACCAR.COM.