PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Peterbilt Motors Company, a PACCAR Company, has an opening for a Data Analytics – Data Engineering Intern to add to our Data Science Team in Denton, Texas.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Migrate production data to the cloud and develop production dashboards to improve equipment and operations data analysis leveraging tools like SumoLogic, Tableau, AWS and Snowflake (as part of Connected Manufacturing).
- Assist with data cataloging to improve data accessibility awareness.
- Working on Masters’ degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related field
- Familiarity with in large-scale software development with emphasis on data analytics and high-volume data processing
- Experience in data engineering development
- Experience implementing scalable data architectures
- Experience with AWS and related services (e.g., EC2, S3, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, SQS, SNS, Lambda, Airflow, Snowflake)
- Proficiency with ETL tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of and experience with RDBMS platforms, such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, IMS, MySQL, Postgres, SAP HANA, and Teradata.
- Experience with participating in projects in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline team environment
The candidate we seek will be working on their Master’s Degree in an IT, Business, or related program.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability. Peterbilt promotes Diversity and Inclusion through mentorship, events, and affinity support groups – The Diversity Council, Peterbilt Women’s Initiative (PBWin), Veterans Group, and ADVOCATE (An LGBTQ support group).