PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Peterbilt Motors Company
On highways, construction sites, city streets, logging roads – everywhere our customers earn their living – Peterbilt’s red oval is a familiar symbol of performance, reliability and pride. Peterbilt has reigned as America’s premium quality truck manufacturer since the company’s founding in 1939. Our dedication to deliver products and services focused on improving customers’ performance, image, profitability and peace of mind truly makes Peterbilt the Class of the Industry.
This position is based at Peterbilt’s Division Office in Denton, Texas, where we have been headquartered since 1980. In Denton, we have manufactured, supported, and distributed over 1 million trucks. Our employees take great pride in our products. We are recognized as a premier employer and valued partner in the local community.
This position will be responsible for engineering design, development, and production support at Peterbilt Division Headquarters in Denton, Texas. Duties involve working on new development programs, employing innovative skills to evolve ideas from concepts to implementation, providing engineering assistance, assembly / system design, problem resolution, training and other engineering duties supporting various aspects of expedited programs. Additional tasks include, completion of Six Sigma documentation in assigned phases of project and applying standard engineering techniques with minimal supervision, occasionally requiring independent evaluation. Hiring level for this position will be dependent upon education and experience.
Here’s What You Will Do In This Role
- Identify and initiate designs of a complex nature and conduct necessary research incidental to design.
- Complete design projects through the processes of planning, concept development, calculation and design analysis, design, testing, evaluation, and implementation.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Manage supplier activities related to design and manufacture of components.
- Apply knowledge of stress analysis and FEA.
- Apply knowledge of various materials and manufacturing processes for components used in vehicle interiors.
- Knowledge of Pro/Engineer and Windchill functionality.
- Coordinate and complete projects and design efforts with other engineering groups and departments within the company.
- Prepare engineering activity status reports and other detailed reporting as directed.
- Identify, prioritize, and coordinate resolution of production, production control, and Quality Assurance issues as appropriate.
- Apply a proactive approach to defining issues and reaching early resolution and consensus.
- Demonstrate professional and successful communication skills (verbal/written) with strong, effective interpersonal abilities.
- Act in a professional manner in all contacts with external and internal customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel is required.
- Here’s what you will need to be successful in this role:
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and presentation skills is required.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and related computer software required.
- Ability to learn on the fly and adapt to change.
- Demonstrated team player with high level of initiative, follow through and flexibility.
- Must be detail oriented and capable of multi-tasking workload.
- Proficient in the use of Pro/E or other similar solid modeling software.
- Familiarity with project management methods and tools
- Candidate should be willing to make use of engineering processes and techniques and be resourceful in solving complex technical problems
- Requires independent judgment and effective project management.
- Ability to manage costs, time and resources; strong communication skills.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related degree is required.
Why work for PACCAR/Peterbilt?
- Competitive salary, 401k with a 5% match, AND a company paid Pension Plan after 5 years of service.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your family.
- Comprehensive Paid Time Off – Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Sick Leave.
- Tuition Reimbursement for continued education – eligible after 1 year of service.
- Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth and development opportunities.
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized as experts in their fields.