PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Peterbilt Motors Company
On highways, construction sites, city streets, and logging roads – everywhere our customers earn their living – Peterbilt’s red oval is a familiar symbol of performance, reliability and pride. Peterbilt has reigned as America’s premium quality truck manufacturer since the company’s founding in 1939. Our dedication to deliver products and services focused on improving customers’ performance, image, profitability and peace of mind truly makes Peterbilt the Class of the Industry.
This position is based at Peterbilt’s Engineering Admin Building in Denton, Texas, where we have been headquartered since 1980. In Denton, we have manufactured, supported, and distributed over 1 million trucks. Our employees take great pride in our products. We are recognized as a premier employer and valued partner in the local community.
This engineering position will support development activities in the MX dash lamp team and engine warranty group. The engineer will have the opportunity to provide innovative problem solving in a critical diagnostic environment. This role will interface with product engineering, plant engineering, management, suppliers, and customers. The role will require collaboration with other PACCAR companies: Kenworth, DAF, Paccar Technical Center, Information Technology Division, Engine Support Center, and the PACCAR Engine Company.
- Diagnose, develop root cause, and determine corrective actions on fault codes driving MIL lamp and check engine light operation.
- Review fault code troubleshooting trees and propose changes as required.
- Participate in the design and development of heavy-duty trucks within the Warranty Reduction Engineering group focusing on improving reliability and quality.
- Manage vehicle-related issue resolution projects “cradle-to-grave” in all areas of the truck.
- Complete work related to engineering goals and field service support.
- Work with internal and external organizations on issue identification, root cause analysis, design, validation, product release, and field support.
- Utilize Pro/E to review chassis and component layouts.
- Utilize Six Sigma skills.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Knowledge of engine and aftertreatment functions is preferred.
- Knowledge of diagnostic trouble codes is preferred.
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and presentation skills is required.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and related computer software required.
- Proficiency with Minitab or other statistical software is preferred.
- Ability to learn on the fly and adapt to change.
- Demonstrated team player with high level of initiative, follow through and flexibility.
- Must be detail oriented and capable of multi-tasking workload.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience in the specification and design of complex automotive components required; proficient in the use of Pro/E or other similar solid modeling software.
- Past experience working onsite at a PACCAR facility is preferred
- Familiarity with project management methods and tools
- Candidate should be willing to make use of engineering processes and techniques and be resourceful in solving complex technical problems
- Requires independent judgment and effective project management.
- Ability to manage costs, time and resources; strong communication skills.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related degree is required.
Why work for PACCAR/Peterbilt?
- Competitive salary, 401k with a 5% match, AND a company paid Pension Plan after 5 years of service.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your family.
- Comprehensive Paid Time Off – Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Sick Leave.
- Tuition Reimbursement for continued education – eligible after 1 year of service.
- Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth and development opportunities.
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized as experts in their fields.