PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Peterbilt Motors Company
On highways, construction sites, city streets, logging roads – everywhere our customers earn their living – Peterbilt’s red oval is a familiar symbol of performance, reliability and pride. Peterbilt has reigned as America’s premium quality truck manufacturer since the company’s founding in 1939. Our dedication to deliver products and services focused on improving customers’ performance, image, profitability and peace of mind truly makes Peterbilt the Class of the Industry.
This position will be responsible for engineering design, development, and production support at Peterbilt Division Headquarters in Denton, Texas. Duties involve working on new development programs, employing innovative skills to evolve ideas for routing design from concepts to implementation, providing engineering assistance, assembly / system design, problem resolution, training and other engineering duties supporting various aspects of expedited programs. Additional tasks include, completion of six sigma documentation in assigned phases of project and applying standard engineering techniques with minimal supervision, occasionally requiring independent evaluation. Hiring level for this position will be dependent upon education and experience.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Identifies and initiates designs of a complex nature.
- Take concepts from design to production implementation.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Directs and conducts necessary research incidental to design.
- Design or direct the design of components/systems by suppliers.
- Apply knowledge of design, stress analysis and FEA.
- Apply knowledge of design, use of various materials and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of Pro/Engineer and Windchill functionality.
- Design-to-cost and deliver within schedule.
- Contribute to engineering activity status reports and other detailed reporting as directed.
- Must be able to identify, prioritize, and coordinate resolution of production, production control, and Quality Assurance issues as appropriate.
- Requires a proactive approach to defining issues and reaching early resolution and consensus.
- Demonstrate professional and successful communication skills (verbal/written) with strong, effective interpersonal abilities.
- Act in a professional manner in all contacts with external and internal customers.
- Travel required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field required.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability corporation. Peterbilt promotes Diversity and Inclusion through mentorship, events, and affinity support groups – The Diversity Council, Peterbilt Women’s Initiative (PBWin), Veterans Group, and ADVOCATE (An LGBTQ support group).
Why work for PACCAR/Peterbilt?
- Competitive salary, 401k with a 5% match, AND a company paid Pension Plan after 5 years of service.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your family.
- Comprehensive Paid Time Off – Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Sick Leave.
- Tuition Reimbursement for continued education – eligible after 1 year of service.
- Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth and development opportunities.
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized as experts in their fields.