PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Peterbilt Motors Company, a PACCAR Company, has an opening for a Data Engineer Intern to add to our Data Analytics Team in Denton, Texas.
Does empowering teams to make data driven decisions excite you? Do you wake up in the morning wondering what possibilities could be unlocked with more data? Data Engineering focuses on making possible fast, accurate, and reliable access to data. We build data pipelines, manage a data lake, and support the production use of our data. We advocate for leading data practices and make sure that our business users make data driven decisions.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
This position will be working on various projects and reports to include but not limited to:
- Build and support automated data pipelines from a wide range of data sources using an AWS and Qlik Replicate-based technology stack with an emphasis on automation and scale.
- Orchestrate complex job sequences across technology stacks using Apache Airflow and other scheduling mechanisms.
- Contribute to overall architecture, framework, and design patterns to store and process high data volumes.
- Develop solutions to measure, improve, and monitor data quality based on business requirements.
- Design and implement reporting and analytics feature in collaboration with product owners, reporting analysts / data analysts, and business partners within an Agile / Scrum methodology.
- Proactively support product health by building solutions that are automated, scalable, and sustainable – be relentlessly focused on minimizing defects and technical debt.
- Provide post-implementation production support for data pipelines.
Qualifications & Skills
The candidate we seek will be currently enrolled in an Engineering, Business, or related program.
The skills that are important to be successful in this position are as follows:
- Basic proficiency with a dialect of ANSI SQL and Python.
- Knowledge of and experience with RDBMS platforms, such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Postgres, SAP HANA, and Teradata preferred but not required.
- Experience with participating in projects in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline team environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with reporting tools, such as Tableau and PowerBi.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Business Administration or related field required