This position of Process Engineer Intern will assist in the Study, Analysis, Development and Documentation of Plant Assembly processes. The job also includes assistance in Continuous Improvement Efforts focusing on; Departmental Quality Improvement Projects, Ergonomic Improvement Projects, Line Balance Optimization and Improvements in Overall Departmental Efficiency.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Time and efficiency studies on the layout process to improve throughout and reduce labor
- Incoming material defect analysis and recommendation to improve flow
- Build into paint flow enhancement to accommodate higher volumes and operating both 2.1M Build cells
- Study and Analyze Plant Assembly Processes
- Development and Document Plant Assembly Processes
- Flexibility to address special projects as they arise
Peterbilt Motors Company
On highways, construction sites, city streets, logging roads – everywhere our customers earn their living – Peterbilt’s red oval is a familiar symbol of performance, reliability and pride. Peterbilt has reigned as America’s premium quality truck manufacturer since the company’s founding in 1939. Our dedication to deliver products and services focused on improving customers’ performance, image, profitability and peace of mind truly makes Peterbilt the Class of the Industry.
Skills / Competencies
The skills that are important to be successful in this position are as follows:
- Excellent technical, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven problem solving skills are required
- Three years minimum manufacturing experience (exhibited process and product knowlege) is desired
- Proven ability to work in a self-directed environment is preferred
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Engineering Technology or Mechanical Engineering
- Six Sigma Training is preferred
Must be currently enrolled as a sophomore at a university or college.
Bachelor’s Degree In Progress