PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Peterbilt Motors Company
On highways, construction sites, city streets, logging roads – everywhere our customers earn their living – Peterbilt’s red oval is a familiar symbol of performance, reliability and pride. Peterbilt has reigned as America’s premium quality truck manufacturer since the company’s founding in 1939. Our dedication to deliver products and services focused on improving customers’ performance, image, profitability, and peace of mind truly makes Peterbilt the Class of the Industry.
Peterbilt Motors Company, a PACCAR Company, has an opening for an Software Developer Intern to add to our IT Team in Denton, Texas.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
This position will be working on various projects and reports to include but not limited to:
- Service Enhancement Request for Engineering, Materials, Sales, and Marketing PACCAR proprietary. NET applications.
- Participate on Six Sigma process improvements and Agile Software Development.
- Provide support for ongoing production projects with Cab Assembly and Paint.
- Mobile application development with OutSystems.
Qualifications & Skills
The candidate we seek will be currently enrolled in an Engineering, Business, or related program.
The skills that are important to be successful in this position are as follows:
- Candidate is Pursuing B.S. Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of Agile Software Development Processes & Scrum.
- Prolonged sitting and manual dexterity are required. This position is in an office/desk work setting.