PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
This position will be responsible for resolving top Peterbilt warranty issues with innovative solutions through engineering design, validation, and production implementation at the Peterbilt Plant in Denton, Texas. Additional tasks include applying standard engineering techniques with minimal supervision, occasionally requiring independent evaluation. Hiring level for this position will be dependent upon education and experience.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Identify root cause and solutions to top warranty and field issues
- Take concepts from design to production implementation.
- Proactive, problem solver with a drive for results
- Persistence to follow projects through to completion in the face of obstacles
- Conduct necessary investigation of warranty and field service information
- Apply knowledge of design, stress analysis and FEA.
- Apply knowledge of design, use of various materials and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of Pro/Engineer and Windchill functionality.
- Demonstrate professional and successful communication skills (verbal/written) with strong, effective interpersonal abilities.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Act in a professional manner in all contacts with external and internal customers.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical or Electrical.
Why Work for PACCAR/Peterbilt?
- Competitive salary, 401k with a 5% match, AND a company paid Pension Plan after 5 years of service.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your family.
- Comprehensive Paid Time Off – Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Sick Leave.
- Tuition Reimbursement for continued education – eligible after 1 year of service.
- Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth and development opportunities.
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized as experts in their fields.
Act with Integrity
Drive for Results
Lead Innovation and Quality Initiatives
Use Sound Judgment / Business Acumen
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability. Peterbilt promotes Diversity and Inclusion through mentorship, events, and affinity support groups – The Diversity Council, Peterbilt Women’s Initiative (PBWin), Veterans Group, and ADVOCATE (An LGBTQ support group).