Title: Electrical Engineer – Test and Measurement
Location: Wabtec (formerly GE Transportation); Erie, PA or Fort Worth, TX
We have a dynamic opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to support and manage electrical component and systems testing for Locomotive production. The Engineer will interface with Wabtec and local suppliers to execute assigned projects for the testing of Locomotive Electro-Mechanical systems. High voltage testing along with instrumentation and measurement experience is a bonus.
– The qualified engineer will be responsible for validation testing of converter and power electronic apparatus.
– Design and maintenance of component test stands and fixtures.
– Develop component and system requirements to improve and ensure reliability including manufacturing test requirements based on Testing Results.
– Develop test plans and related functions (layouts, stands, fixtures, etc.) which support the proposed plan for power electronic validation and field failure analysis.
– Drive cross-functional teams to execute on critical project milestones, including but not limited to; design reviews, material orders, prototype builds, field and bench testing, etc.
– Use creativity to find solutions for design modifications and troubleshooting locomotive component maintenance issues.
– Experience in multiple KW Transformers, Large Scale Capacitors, Bus Bars, Contactors, Relays, Circuit Breakers, switching theory and practical applications.
– Strong engineering background and proven experience with leading various technical projects.
– An understanding of control logic function and its interaction between major electrical components.
– Past design experience with primary electrical systems and power magnetic components.
– Ability to create engineering experiments and execute testing to create workable solutions for electrical powered components.
– Proficiency with a 3D modeling suite and knowledge of finite element software.
– Familiarity with Labview software and NI hardware.
– Semiconductor expertise (IGBT)
– Functional understanding of gate drivers
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering with 1 to 3 years of related experience.
Phoenix Technical Solutions offers an attractive compensation and benefits package; including health, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life, IRA with generous company match, paid holidays, vacation and more. Our global commitment to technological advancement offers opportunities for personal growth and development in a stable, supportive work environment.