Position Overview: This is the first level of the Engineering classification. Provide engineering/technical expertise to solve problems in a specific area of expertise, with close supervision. Incumbents are expected to develop skills in their field of study, and the ability to work with greater independence.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under close supervision, in the area of expertise will provide:
- Engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
- Effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities
- Thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches
- Continuous improvement of job-related, engineering, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Accurate records and files
- Support of the company’s goals and represents the company positively and professionally
- Graduation from an ABET Accredited four-year college or university program with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
- Understanding of basic engineering theories and principles.
- Understanding of basic practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of basic electricity and power quality.
- Knowledge of Distribution construction standards and methods.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Work independently
- Customer Oriented
- Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
- Received a passing grade on the Engineering Fundamentals (FE) Exam.
- Understanding of basic principles of project management
- Experience in the utility industry