Raytheon Intelligence & Space Hardware is seeking a Mechanical Engineer. Responsibilities include all aspects of the Special Tooling Mechanical design process from concept to model / drawing completion for all Special Tools and Special Test Fixtures required to support product builds for each assigned program. This process includes design, drawing creation, obtaining quotes, make versus buy decisions for fabrication and assembly, tracking and maintaining schedule and budget, presenting status at meetings, following proper documentation and tracking guidelines for customer owned property, and support of Special Tooling once the product build has started. Some assembly of your designs may be required. Some support of automated test set design, build, and assembly may also be required.
- Experience with the design process as outlined above. Knowledge of metal fabrication processes and machined parts design, DFMA practices, and utilization of hand tools.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word
- Proficiency with 3D modelling using Pro-Engineer (or equivalent) and ACAD.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, including a basic knowledge and understanding of GD&T.
- Capable of successfully working with minimal supervision in a self-motivated manner.
- Ability to succeed in a teaming environment with timely problem resolution utilizing a positive, proactive attitude and a strong customer focus.
- Ability to obtain secret clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance
- Understanding of the product build process.
- Ability to quickly learn the Uniform Property System (UPS).
- Ability to work with external suppliers.
- Ability to adapt to changing product requirements.
- Effective communication skills.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Must have a BS / BA with a major in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or other related field by Summer 2021 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons