The Systems Engineering Center is seeking a skilled Secure Systems/Cybersecurity Engineer to join the Secure Systems Department. This position is in a technical growth area and we need team members who can apply their education, technical knowledge and experience to systems security/Cybersecurity engineering and program protection concerns within the key areas of Cybersecurity, Anti Tamper, software assurance, supply chain exploitation, and threat and design vulnerability analysis. The engineer will participate in the development of embedded systems security solutions, and will be responsible for developing and executing efforts for secure systems products.
Key responsibilities for the qualified candidate include:
The engineer must be able to work as a member of a team in coordination with engineers in development, integration, test and modeling. The engineer will exhibit a high degree of creativity and ingenuity, and will be responsible for supporting systems integrity, Cybersecurity, and information assurance. The engineer must be able to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers.
These activities include:
• Participating in technical peer reviews throughout the design life cycle.
• Interface with their team lead, team members, and other teams (SW and HW) on a daily basis
• Candidate should be a team player and effectively work with team members and provide cost effective solutions for customer needs.
• Related day-to-day duties include: participating in peer reviews throughout the product life cycle of design, development, integration and test. This team member will interface with their team lead, team members, and other teams on a daily basis, conduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates and work products to the team lead.
Security Clearance & Other Requirements:
This position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
• Systems, Cyber, Electrical, Software engineering or Computer Science course work
• Familiar with designing, testing Cybersecurity-oriented solutions
• Familiar with secure/Cybersecurity, and anti-tamper systems technologies, methodologies, policies and guidelines
• Demonstrated understanding of the engineering lifecycle
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
• Active secret clearance
• Understanding of embedded Cybersecurity Solutions, Security Authorization requirements, vulnerability assessments, or threat mitigation
• IASE or IAT level I or greater cybersecurity certification per DoD 8570.01; such as: SSCP, CAP, GCIA, Security+, CySA+, etc.
• Exposure to Information Systems Security/Information Assurance, Security Engineering concepts and practices
• Knowledge of operating systems security features and settings (e.g. Windows, UNIX, RTOS and Linux)
• Familiar with, multi-level security solutions
• Positive attitude, strong leadership and communication skills
• Customer focus and collaboration skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Familiar with reverse engineering
• Engineering projects or previous internship experience
Bachelor’s degree by summer 2021 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date. Must be working towards a degree in Cyber Security, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.